Articles on . . .
Same Day Appointments are Available!
Map directions to our office!
Chiropractic in the News
Chiropractic Manipulation in Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
J Manipulative Physiol Ther 1994 (May); 17 (4): 246–249
Chiropractic manipulations were rendered 3 times per week for 4 wk, to the subject's cervical spine, right elbow and wrist using a low amplitude, short lever, low force, high velocity thrust. Significant increase in grip strength and normalization of motor and sensory latencies were noted. Orthopedic tests were negative. Symptoms dissipated. In this case study, chiropractic made a demonstrable difference through objective and subjective outcomes.
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Davis et al. (1998) compared chiropractic treatment of carpal tunnel syndrome (CTS) to nonsurgical medical treatment. The chiropractic group used manipulation, ultrasound, and wrist supports while the medical group used wrist supports and ibuprofen. While both treatment groups improved significantly, the authors noted that chiropractic represents an alternative conservative treatment for CTS, especially for patients "who are unable to tolerate ibuprofen" (322).
Scoliosis Treatment Using a Combination of Manipulative and Rehabilitative Therapy: A Retrospective Case Series
BMC Musculoskeletal Disorders 2004 (Sep 14); 5: 32
The combined use of spinal manipulation and postural therapy appeared to significantly reduce the severity of the Cobb angle in all 19 subjects. These results warrant further testing of this protocol.
Return to Top
- 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated (likely applies to half the world population).
- In 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism is so weak that it is often mistaken for hunger.
- Even mild dehydration will slow down one's metabolism as much as 3%.
- One glass of water will shut down midnight hunger pangs for almost 100% of the dieters, a U-Washington study showed.
- Lack of water, the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue.
- Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses of water a day could significantly ease back and joint pain for up to 80% of suffers.
- A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short-term memory, trouble with basic math, and difficulty focusing on the computer screen or a printed page.
- Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of colon cancer by 45%, plus it can slash the risk of breast cancer by 79%, and one is 50% less likely to develop bladder cancer.
- Are you drinking the amount of water you should every day? As a rule of thumb - drink half your weight in ounces of water a day. If you workout 3+ times a week and live in a humid climate add another 24+ ounces to that number. Additionally, caffeine and alcohol dehydrate the body; drink twice the water as you did coffee or alcohol to replace water loss.
- In many states the highway patrol carries two gallons of Coke in the trunk of their cruisers to remove blood from the highway after an accident.
- You can put a T-bone steak in a bowl of coke and it will be gone within 3 days.
- To clean a toilet bowl; pour a can of Coke into the toilet bowl and let the "real thing" sit for one hour, then flush clean. The citric acid in Coke removes stains from vitreous china.
- To remove rust spots from chrome car bumpers; rub the bumper with a rumpled-up piece of Reynolds Wrap aluminum foil dipped in Coke.
- The corrosion from car battery terminals: Pour a can of Coke over the terminals to bubble away the corrosion.
- To loosen a rusted bolt: Apply a cloth soaked in Coke to the rusted bolt for several minutes.
- To remove grease from cloths: Empty a can of Coke into a load of greasy cloths, add detergent, and run through a regular cycle. It will also clean road haze from your windshield.
- The active ingredient in Coke is phosphoric acid. Its pH is 2.8. It will dissolve a nail in about 4 days. Phosphoric acid also leaches calcium from bones and is a major contributor to the rising increase in Osteoporosis.
- To carry Coke syrup the commercial truck must use the Hazardous Material place cards reserved for highly corrosive materials.
- The distributors of Coke have been using it to clean their truck engines for about 20 years!