Articles on . . .
Closed on Wednesdays
Friday By appointment Only
Same Day Appointments Available!
Map directions to our office!
Chiropractic in the News
Now is the time to get a massage in Evergreen, Colorado. There is no better time then the present to treat yourself, friend or loved one to a massage therapy session. Take advantage of our new client special of only $49 for your first one hour massage.
Here at Get Moving Chiropractic in Evergreen, Colorado we don't just recommend chiropractic, but also encourage our patients to get massage as part of their health care regime. You can find the benefits of massage therapy by clicking here.
Our massage therapists have many years of experience to help meet your needs of massage. They have been working as massage therapists for at least 5 years. Our massage therapists are certified and licensed here in Colorado. Here is a little bio of our massage therapists:
What exactly are the benefits of receiving massage? Massage is useful for all of the conditions listed below and more, massage can:
- Alleviate low-back pain and improve range of motion
- Assist with shorter, easier labor for expectant mothers and shorten maternity hospital stays
- Enhance immunity by stimulating lymph flow—the body’s natural defense system
- Exercise and stretch weak, tight, or atrophied muscles
- Help athletes of any level prepare and recover from, strenuous workouts and relax overused muscles
- Increase joint flexibility
- Lessen depression and anxiety
- Promote tissue regeneration, reducing scar tissue and stretch marks
- Helps to bring oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs, improving circulation
- Reduce post surgery adhesions and swelling
- Reduce spasms and cramping
- Release endorphins—amino acids that work as the body’s natural painkillers
- Relieve headache/migraine pain
A Powerful Ally
There’s no denying the power of therapeutic massage. Regardless of the reasons we seek it out, massage therapy can be a powerful ally in your healthcare regimen.
Experts estimate that upwards of ninety percent of disease is stress related. And perhaps nothing ages us faster, internally and externally, than high stress. While eliminating anxiety and pressure altogether in this fast-paced world may be idealistic, massage can, without a doubt, help manage stress. This translates into:
- Decreased anxiety
- Enhanced sleep quality
- Greater energy
- Improved concentration
- Increased circulation
- Reduced fatigue
In response to massage, specific physiological and chemical changes cascade throughout the body, with profound effects. Research shows that with massage:
- Arthritis sufferers note fewer aches and less stiffness and pain
- High blood pressure patients demonstrate lower diastolic blood pressure, anxiety, and stress hormones
- Premenstrual syndrome sufferers have decreased water retention and cramping
Research continues to show the enormous benefits of touch—which range from treating chronic diseases, neurological disorders, and injuries, to alleviating the tensions of modern lifestyles. Consequently, the medical community is actively embracing massage is becoming an integral part of patient care.
Increase the Benefits with Frequent Visits
Getting a massage can do you a world of good. And getting massage frequently can do even more. This is the beauty of massage. Taking part in this form of regularly scheduled self-care can play a huge part in how healthy you’ll be and how youthful you’ll remain with each passing year. Budgeting time and money for massage at consistent intervals is truly an investment in your health. And remember: just because massage feels like a pampering treat doesn’t mean it is any less therapeutic. Consider massage appointments a necessary piece of your health and wellness plan, and work with your practitioner to establish a treatment schedule that best meets your needs.