Keeping your family HAPPY and HEALTHY
during turbulent times in Evergreen
As the world struggles to deal with the Coronavirus, many schools and businesses are shutting down. This is leading to many people conducting work and school from home.
Remove Fear & Stress in Evergreen
Fear and stress will compromise the immune system. Therefore, as your chiropractors in Evergreen, we have put together some suggestions to help support you and your family during this challenging time.
To help counteract fear and stress try implanting some of the following:
- Exercise/Take a nature walk
- Yoga, meditation, mindfulness, prayer
- Minimize your exposure to the media
- Read an uplifting/inspiring book
- Listen to music
- Visit your family wellness chiropractor
To help boost your immune system:
- Avoid food and beverages that are taxing on your immune systems such as sugar, dairy, gluten, processed and fast foods. Soda and other sugary drinks, alcohol, and caffeine.
- Eat fresh vegetables and fruits. If these are not available, go for the frozen ones.
- Have nuts and seeds available and good fats such as coconut and olive oils.
- Try and maintain a healthy sleep cycle and avoid engaging in technology/media at least one hour prior to bedtime.
- Drink plenty of water (preferably room temperature).
- Immune boosting vitamins such as Vitamins A, C, and D and minerals such as zinc and magnesium can be beneficial as well as a good quality probiotic.
If you have children that are home from school and/or doing school on-line, the following will be helpful:
- Maintain a schedule and be consistent with it
- Minimize technology use outside of what is necessary for schoolwork; no more than two thirty minutes sessions of video/computer games per day
- Set a schedule for “recess” and get them outdoors
- Set a regular routine for “family time” and read books, play board games, play cards, build forts, Legos, etc (avoid computer games!)
- Spend time as a family in prayer, meditation, gratitude
- Have meals together and put digital devices in “lockdown” during this time
- Make sure that as adults, you take a few minutes in “time out” every day to breathe and decompress as you navigate these uncharted waters!
If we can be of service to you or your family, please reach out!
Yours in Health,
Dr. Katy Mooberry DC
Get Moving Chiropractic
|Tuesday||9:00am - 5:30pm|
|Thursday||9:00am - 5:30pm|
|Friday||9:00am - 1:00pm|