Reasons Kids Come to Get Moving Chiropractic
Kids are born healthy, however, more kids today have physical problems. Why? Because they are under more physical, emotional, and chemical stresses today than 30 years ago. Chiropractic care in Evergreen removes the physical stress on the spine and nervous system, allowing the body to function better and deal with the other stresses in their lives. The spine protects the nervous system and if the spine is out of alignment, there is pressure on the spinal nerves, which sends a message up to the brain, thus causing a compensation reaction. Chiropractic care realigns the spine and removes the stress on the nervous system, so the body functions better.
- Headaches - Often due to structural imbalances, dehydration, poor diet, stress, prior injuries, tight muscles, hormones.
- Growing pains - Maybe due to a repetitive movement that causes joints to lock up and not move correctly.
- Unusual shoe wear - Maybe due to an imbalance in the hips causing a structural or functional problem.
- Postural distortions/Text Neck - The body is not designed to slouch or slump and can result in pain and spinal degeneration.
- Scoliosis - a sideways curvature of the spine that can be reduced with chiropractic and rehabilitative care to loosen and strengthen the muscles around the spine.
- Slips and falls - Can cause an imbalance in the spinal joints, thus decreasing the range of motion.
- Poor diet - GMOs, non-organic foods, growth hormones, super chlorinated water, imbalanced food choices, and food sensitivities.
- Emotional stress - The body stores stress and it can manifest in headaches, stomach problems, allergies, sickness, and emotional outbursts, which can be caused by school, bullying, HW, friends, social media, and family.
- Irritability - Pain is tiring and uncomfortable.
- Involved in a contact sport - Bumps and bruises can cause muscles to tighten and pull the joints out of alignment or can cause a limp or incomplete range of motion.
- Learning to Walk - toddlers are exploring the world and pushing their limits and falling a lot, which knocks the spine out of alignment.
- ADD/Autism/Neurosensory Disorders - Chiropractic adjustments are very effective at re-integrating, stimulating, and balancing the sensory systems in these children.
- Breastfeeding issues/Colic - Birth is hard on newborns and sometimes their spine is out of alignment and they can't turn their head as well to nurse or they are uncomfortable, so they cry a lot due to this pain.
- Ear infections - children have more horizontal Eustachian tubes that are very close to the neck vertebra and if the vertebra is out of alignment, then they are kinked but chiropractic adjustments help open and drain them, thus preventing infection.
- Asthma - Opening up nerve communication in the mid-back that innervates the lungs, improves lung function, and helps reduce asthma symptoms.
- Colds/flu - chiropractic care stimulates the immune system and removes physical stress on the body, so when there is less physical stress on the body, the immune system can fight off germs instead.
What can Evergreen chiropractic do for kids? We help remove stress from the child's body by ….
- Stimulating the nervous system resets and decreases irritation to the nerves so the body functions normally.
- Correcting asymmetry so the body can function optimally.
- Restoring proper biomechanics between muscles, bones, and joints.
- Examining the child's diet and lifestyle for potential stressors.
We use low force techniques tailored for kids and if an adjustment is given, no more pressure is used than to test the ripeness of a tomato. Kids often laugh through an adjustment as the "popcorn" comes out!
Dr. Katy Mooberry is the only Certified Pediatric Chiropractor in the Evergreen area, which means she has more training to help your kiddos feel their best!
Chiropractic is a safe and non-invasive way to get kids back to their happy, healthy selves!
9:00pm - 5:30pm
1:00pm - 5:00pm
9:00am - 5:00pm
9:00am - 1:00pm
9:00am - 1:00pm